Thursday, October 6, 2011

Finding out about yourself

Well everyone i have good news and bad news. the good new first. WE WILL BE DOING THE GROUP AFTER ALL!!!!!!! The bad news is not sure when the first meeting will be, in the mean time I thought we could continue with online study and interest. Which brings me to the topic of this post, self discovery.

It is my belief that everyone has certain things that draw them. An animal, a plant, a stone/gem/crystal, a symbol, an element, a deity. Now I would like you all to start your own search, read as much as you can, pick one thing, your power animal, your stone, even your patron Deity (remember is you pick a male you should also pick a female and vise versa, balance is always important)

Now I know that sometimes there are multiples, more often then not. I also know that there are others things that I didn't list. So my task for you is this, work on finding out what your specific draws are.

My own draws (and I haven't finished searching, researching and learning them but for now) are Posiedon as my god, Orchid for my flower (not sure which species yet), orca whales along with turtles and seahorses, and water is my element. Now if you see they seem to follow a theme, which in case also goes along with my zodiac symbol of pisces. This is not always the case, although starting with your astrological sign is always a help. One book that gives you another not so common look at this is called Darkside Zodiac by Stella Hyde, her website: http://www.darksidezodiac.net/single.htm?ipg=10766 is a start but the book also tells you to look at your moon sign which in my case was cancer. (another water sign)

So once you complete this please share with the group your findings in the form of comments the other thing I'd like you to do is discover something else that is you that you draw power from, there are a lot of things i didn't list I only ask you to list one, with the exception if someone has already listed it you must pick another.

Blessed be in the exploration of yourself




6 comments:

  1. First off I'm glad to see that the group is still on and that things are starting to work out for you two after the flood. It's been devastating for so many people I'm genuinely happy to see the area is slowly but surely starting to recover in general.

    Now:

    As far as my personal draws go I have discovered and am continually working on developing connections. Gems, stones and crystals have captured my interest and have been the focus of much of my study since this past spring. My septarian stone is the first stone that ever called my attention or that I felt a pull toward, despite my continued research on stones and gems I find that septarian still is one that I connect with particularly well so I’ll go call it “mine”. I find that it is particularly helpful for me with grounding and centering as well as reducing anxiety. Earth would be my element. I have also been studying the Norse gods and goddesses these past few months and feel a connection with Thor and Freya in particular. I have begun to form a relationship with them. Thor is a god of protection and Freya a goddess of prosperity, passion, love and fertility. This relationship is new to me as before this I have always just worked with a more general idea of the god and goddess. Since my beginning research on Norse mythology however (and Thor and Freya in particular) I find that I have a much easier time identifying with and connecting with the divine.

    For something else that one draws power from I will mention metals. Gold/silver/copper/iron/etc. Athames, bolines, jewelry are all items commonly used in Wiccan practice that may be made out of a specific metal. Some may feel more drawn to one over another and all have some metaphysical properties. My metal I will identify as iron. My athame is made of iron, it is associated with strength and protection. One drawback to working with iron however is that it is said to be harmful to "fae" so if one is going to be working with these entities it would be best to use another metal for tools. I however do not feel a calling to these entities so the matter is immaterial for me.

    I look forward to reading other comments!

    ~*Cassandra*~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! I never even thought about metal, mine would have to be silver...and I'll defiantly have to find out it's properties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My element would be fire. My animal would be the dragon and my Goddess would be Brighid, as I worked with her a lot with my Druid group and she is Goddess of the hearth and of poetry. I guess everything ties into fire, huh? I am a fire sign - Aries. I don't really have a specific God at this point. I tend to pray and worship with a general God and Goddess, or Lord and Lady, but Bridghid does pull at me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok Autumn and What is the thing you are bringing to the group? What is something that you identify with that wasn't listed?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What about how I feel that I'm empathic? I can feel what those around me are feeling. I think this is actually attributed to a water sign, but for some reason the Goddess blessed me with this gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes like autumn has said it is nice to hear that everything is going to be running smoothly. its nice to see that you guys have been getting back on your feet since the flood. me and my fiancee have been permanently displaced and have moved to a small apartment off of main st in jc.

    i saw this homework with potential. potential for me to learn about myself more and for the people around me to connect to me alittle better. there have been a few triggers that i have come across in my life. my oil is dragons blood, my stone/gem is blue/green adventurine, my patron god/goddess are anubis anad athena. my type of rock is obsidion. my animal is the owl. and my element is air. its nice to see the things that i can list off about myself because this is sheer proof that all the studying and meditating i have been doing is paying off.

    ReplyDelete