Monday, August 1, 2011

My own Self Initiation Ceremony

     I was living with my parents when i did my ceremony, I was 20, the college semester was over and I was eager to learn about this new found religion, I had already read about three or four books about it and started a BOS (book of Shadows) It was an initation/dedication ceremony I had found in Wicca: A guide for the solitary practitioner. A dedication to learning the craft to becoming closer with nature. I decided to do it skyclad (meaning only clothed by the sky) It was a warm night with a slight chill in the air.
    I was Terrified! It was dark out and I lived in the woods, and here I was climbing out my bedroom window, naked with a candle, a chalice, a wing of a giant green moth that i found in the driveway, and some quartz i found on a fishing trip to canada. I didn't want my parents to know what i was doing, my mother already accused me of worshiping satan, and dad was clueless (still is, but just because he couldn't really careless).
    I caste my circle calling to the quarters, lighting my candle and reading a dedication ceremony out of my book, an invocation written by Scott Cunningham. As the circle closed before i started the invocation I felt more at ease more calm like I was doing what i was supposed to be doing. Then I started the incantation:

O Mother Goddess,
O Father God,
answers to all mysteries and yet mysteries unanswered
in this place of power I open myself to your essance.
In this place and in this time I am changed;
from henceforth I walk the Wiccan path.
I dedicate myself to you, Mother Goddess and Father God

I breathe your energies into my body
eommingling, blending, mixing them with mine,
that i may see the divine in nature, nature in the divine,
and divinity with myself and all else.
O great Goddess, O great God
make me one with your essance

    As I finished the invocation I felt a warm embrace hold me and fill me with peace and serenity. I just sat there for a while and relaxing in the embrace. Then a pack of coyotes started to howl quite near, I listened for a moment and then i remembered that i was outside naked in the woods at night, and living where i did quickly closed the circle and climbed back into my room and slept.

No comments:

Post a Comment